News June 10, 2020
The Elora Farmers Market now has two great ways to serve you!
- Online market: Click, select and pick-up
- Walk through market: Look, select and buy
Our online market is open Saturday noon until Thursday noon. Orders can be picked up in Bissell park on Saturday between 9am and 1pm.
Click here to place your order.
Our new walk through market will be at Bissell Park on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm. It will be different than the market you remember as walking traffic will only flow one way and there won’t be time to socialize. (We know, we miss you too!) Many of the EFM food vendors you know will have stalls set up physically distanced from one another and from customers. As you are picking up your online order you can briefly stop in front of a vendor, look at what other produce they brought that morning and buy those local, healthy and #FreshAsEver goods.
Only the vendors will be handling the food and will package it up for you. Once you have made your additional purchases we will ask that you continue moving through the market and head home to enjoy your food. Thank you for remembering to physically distance and wear a mask.
News May 28, 2020
Welcome to the (Virtual) Elora Farmers Market!
June 2020 | Although we can’t be together in person, the Elora Farmers’ Market (EFM) is ready to serve you. Working with our amazing vendors we have created an online shopping tool that will let you find all the healthy, fresh and local food you have come to expect from the market. Thanks to technology, we are as close as ever.
This summer is our 15th anniversary as a market! We are so grateful to all the volunteers and vendors that have made this legacy possible. While our 2020 kick off is different than past years, we are excited to bring the EFM to you online. We appreciate your patience and support as we shift to new ways that allow our vendors to sell their products in ways that keep us all safe. If you have a suggestion on how we can improve your EFM online experience, drop us a note here.
Getting your fresh, local and healthy food from the Elora Farmers’ Market is easy:
- Visit EloraFarmersMarket.ca and follow the link to our online store.
- Order your favourite foods from all the EFM vendors you know and love. At check out, you will pay each vendor individually. Order before Thursday noon to make sure your order will be ready for a Saturday morning pick up.
- Saturday morning, come to Bissell Park and pick up your order. We will package all your goods together to make it easy to get your order home. Our social-distancing pickup process has been approved by Public Health and will ensure that you and our dedicated volunteers are physically distancing. Find your pick up times here.
- As you are enjoying your food at home, share your cooking and meals on social media with #FreshAsEver to let all our community know the Elora Farmers’ Market is open!
Is the market open this year?
Yes, you can shop online Saturday noon till Thursday noon from the online market. Pick-up Saturday.
Visit the walk through market Saturday from 9am – 1pm in Bissell Park.
Are all the vendors in the online store?
We have vendors ready to serve you and more will be added weekly. You can expect to find fresh and healthy veggies, baked goods, eggs, meat and dairy products.
How do I get to the online EFM?
Simply visit EloraFarmersMarket.ca and follow the link to our store. We are ready to serve you!
How does online payment work?
Just like our in-person market, you will pay each vendor individually at check out. Most of our vendors are welcoming payments through e-transfer or Square. You will pay for your goods online and pick up your order Saturday morning at Bissell Park. With the exception of a very few vendors that are accepting cash only, NO PAYMENTS will be accepted at pick up.
How does on-line order pick-up work?
Please go to the vendor stall to pick up your order Saturday morning 9am-1pm. It will be prepackaged and waiting.
If you are immune-compromised or uncomfortable coming into the market we would be happy to bring your order to your car. Please make arrangements by calling ahead.
Will I see the vendors at Bissell park when I pick up my order? Can I buy goods when I pick up my order?
Yes, although you will not be able to handle products. They will be kept 6′ from customers to prevent being handled. You will be asked not to browse for long or to linger at the market sight due to COVID-19 precautions.
What will the walk through market look like?
We will have signs and pylons to guide your way. You will be asked to follow a one-way flow up one side of the market and down the other, no back tracking or crossing. Everyone is asked to maintain a 6′ social distance from other customers and from the vendors. Do not linger.
Briefly stop in front of a vendor, look at what products they brought that morning and buy those local, healthy and #FreshAsEver goods.
Only the vendors will be handling the food and will package it up for you.
Please do your shopping and head home to enjoy your purchases. Thank you for wearing a mask and remembering to keep appropriate physical distancing in mind at all times.
Who should come to the walk through market or online pick-up?
One adult from your family. Please leave your children with another adult outside the market area. We love to see families together at the market, but this year it just isn’t possible to facilitate social distancing and to keep customers flowing through the market.
Why should I purchase online if I can come to the Saturday market?
- Availability – don’t arrive at the market and be disappointed something is sold out.
- Your order will be pre-packed and waiting for you. You can get in and get out quickly.
- Many vendors offer on-line payment options. Contactless payment for safety and convenience.
- Take your time shopping – one of the changes at the open market will be the necessity for social distancing and therefore we will be asking customers not to linger or browse for long.
- If you are concerned about your health or are immune compromised let us know and we can arrange to deliver your order to your car, so you won’t have to come into contact with others
How long will the EFM be online?
The online market will be operating the entire season. This is all new territory for us and we are grateful for the community’s support and encouragement. Can we do something to improve your Elora Farmers Market experience? Drop us a note below. We are #CloseAsEver
Comments or questions about the 2020 Elora Farmers Market? Drop us a note! We will get back to you in 48 hours.